| Site Map | Home |

Our History

St Mary’s School and Convent were founded on the corner of Kingdon and Hill Streets, Scone. This school was staffed by three Sisters of Mercy from Singleton who were welcomed to Scone by Fr Edmond McGrath in 1887.

From that time until 1982, the Sisters of Mercy had charge of the school when the first lay principal was appointed.

The school has been situated on the existing site since 1953, the corner of Waverley and Short Streets, Scone.

The Sisters of Mercy left the school at the end of 1993 with the retirement of Sr Fidelis. The faith education of the children since that time has been assumed by lay teaching staff.

Over the many years that Catholic Education has existed in Scone, the faith community has worked tirelessly to form children in the faith. The skill and dedication of the many priests, religious sisters, teachers, children, parents and friends have borne much fruit in the efforts to bring to life the great faith and Christian traditions that we celebrate and revere today.